Blue Oval Imprinted 44 386

4 replies [Last post]
tgrove
User offline. Last seen 11 years 52 weeks ago. Offline

Can anyone ID a Blue Oval Imprinted 44 386

kirby
User offline. Last seen 2 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
44386 Unknown

This must be something new since the imprint is not in the databases.

A quick search turned up two posts on other boards for 44 386, and the pill has not been identified.  Both posts mentioned that the tablet is scored on the side without the imprint.

44 imprints designate LNK International, a prolific manufacturer of over-the-counter medications.  Based on the oval shape, blue color and score, I'm guessing that the pill is generic Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine succinate).  But it's only a guess since I can't find any more info.

If you call LNK International at 631-435-3500, the company will be able to identify the tablet for you.  If you do call, please let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.
tgrove
User offline. Last seen 11 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Confirmed

I called and LNK confirms that this is generic Unisom.  Thanks

kirby
User offline. Last seen 2 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks

Tgrove, thank you for calling LNK and for letting us know what 44 386 is!

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.
gaucho
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Doxylamine succinate (Unisom generic)

I KNOW this thread produced the desired result eight years ago, however it may be of interest to Americans (whom I believe make up the vast majority of members here) that here in the UK, doxylamine succinate is not available in pharmacies at all.

This particular generic, however, has grown very popular as it is ubiquitous on eBay and Amazon at extremely low cost, and people have found that the pills are better than many Rx hypnotics. They are similar in effect and effectiveness to the UK's most commonly bought OTC sleep aid, diphenhydramine hydrochloride, sold in 25 and 50mg strengths, but these doxylamine are easier on the pocket.

I personally have a supply which I bought around a year back; sold here under 'Kirkland' label, they come in bottles of 96 tablets, mostly two bottles per pack (192 total) I still have around 50 left.

Diphenhydramine is probably just the better of the two, but these really are the business when you live in a town where there is not a single doctor willing even to prescribe 14 x zolpidem or zopiclone! And they certainly ARE more effective than many benzodiazepine hypnotics, of which I find only flutoprazepam, flunitrazepam, midazolam, quazepam and temazepam (oral solution or original NORMISON gelcaps filled with concentrated liquid (now sold only in South Africa) - never tablets, whose binders inhibit bioavailability) give a really decent eight hours' sleep and help in those times when my body clock requires 'reset'. They must be the two strongest OTC drugs of all (along with Fenazepam if you live in Russia) & boy, am I glad I came across these blue ovals.

As a matter of interest is UNISOM an Rx-only or OTC brand?